Bangkok Blogging... the saga continues

life in the City of Angels, career achievements, and journey with joey, my dear hubby

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Social Butterfly

We have 400 guests for the wedding. I even cut this down because it's originally 500! Well, my mom is a social butterfly. Therefore, I am. Yep, yep. Too many connections and I want them to be there to join the festivities, too. Joey has less than 20 on his list. Buti na lang we have our highschool classmates so we have some 'common' guests hehhehe.

What does this mean? The seat plan nightmare plus wedding crashers.

But sorry I am strict on the guest list. And so does my coordinator. So, this is what we are doing to make sure everything is organized on the wedding day:

1. Seat Plan -- definitely!

2. I indicated in my invites how many seats had been alloted for every guest

3. My coordinator will computerize the registration and we will have 3 laptops that day (no problem coz Joey and I got 4 hehehhe). he guest will say their name and the at a click of a button their seat number will appear. then there will be ushers and usherettes to lead them. PLUS I told them to station people at the reception area to prevent exchanging of tables (ang pasaway ilalatigo ko)

4. RSVP by December 15 for final headcount

5. I controlled the other social butterfly (my Mom) to say this personally to all my relatives and her amigas when she distributes them the invites. They have to tell her if they will attend and if not, who will attend in their behalf. She will explain to them why we need those information - because there will be a registration where they will know table location.

6. If they are not in the list, we may have to ask them to wait for awhile until my team was able to seat everyone. Then we usher them where to stay.

Anyway, I think we can accomodate even uninvited guests. Normally there is 10% buffer from caterer so it shouldn't be a problem. I just want to make sure that the ones invited will get the priority seats.

I hope this works!





6 Comments:

  • At 12:34 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Can I come? hehehe, eventhough I am halfway around da globe. I guess I can be there in spirit. Hope everything works well, may it be fun and full of memories. Take care.

     
  • At 12:36 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I'll link you up hah,if you don't mind.

     
  • At 1:00 AM, Blogger Pia said…

    ah... good luck with that jane! i ended up not caring about the seat plan anymore because pinoys don't RSVP til the last minute - so we ended up with table zones which worked out just fine. hahaha.

     
  • At 3:33 PM, Blogger Marj and Carlos said…

    I'm so excited!! By the way, na0guilty ako sa sinabi mo kaya nag-wedding updates na ko sa blog ko. Check it out. Pa-comment na rin sa make-up ko.

     
  • At 7:54 PM, Blogger QT said…

    naku, goodluck! i really wish u pull it off. sana wag magmatigas ang ulo ang guests mo. i think u have a really good plan =p

     
  • At 7:58 PM, Blogger Jane Bio said…

    angelove - sure link me up! i will be happy if can come! pero pag pray mo kami that day :-)



    pia dear - tama ka dyan actually we are also contemplating on the zoning. altough gusto ko talaga ipalatigo ang mga pasaway.

    lynn - please please special prayers na lang sa december brides. ka tense and pagod na ko mag shopping grabe.

    che - i'll share learnings for the day to all of you. let me execute muna hhehe

     

Post a Comment

<< Home