Bangkok Blogging... the saga continues

life in the City of Angels, career achievements, and journey with joey, my dear hubby

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Some Wedding Details



I've had these for a long time but never had the chance to post them in my blog. Anyway, here's few wedding details I have accomplished to finalize the past months after countless email exchanges, revisions, follow-ups, etc.

1. Final designs for the my mom and sister's gowns and entourage can be found here. Finally, they will go to take measurements from the seamstress Veluz recommended.

2. I have also finalized the cake design with Judy Uson and paid the downpayment.

3. Invites. Finally Joey and I chose this lay-out. The colors will be much lighter than this rendition, on course. We will use the monogram on the cake and on the stickers we will use for the fold over envelop. Minor corrections on the text then proceed to FA development then printing! Whew!


Invite front cover

The colors will not be as shocking as the computer rendition. It's three-fold. You open the the flaps from the middle. Joey and I intentionally wanted it to look like a modern contemporary invite. The oriental touch will be on the envelop which I will post once I have done a sample (DIY!).









Cover Spread
Too bad the monogram at the back looks small on this rendition but I swear its really nice.





Inside Spread

The main text will be in the middle with a watermark of our monogram (a nice touch) then on the left flap will be the Principal Sponsors and on the other flap will be the rest of the entourage.






4. Decorations for church and Reception Areas. I will be the one to give the basic guide lay-out for these 2 venues (see even thid I have to control). My caterer will take care of the entire set-up and my team of event stylists and coordinator will add touches for the east-west fusion theme. And, we need not spend a lot on this since we know how to DIY stuff! It's really good to be around creative people who have the same level of passion as you have. I felt good chatting with Nap, my wedding coordinator, as he is just overflowing with ideas. Both our creative juices are already overflowing at this point of preparation hehehhehee.

Some touches we thought of (I like sharing ideas):

a. Banig with rose petals for the "carpet" on church
b. Tiny bamboo plants with sinamay loops on the aisle and silver pails for the flowers - I want wild small flowers and twigs (very oriental)!
c. Lighted japanese lanterns as flower baskets for flower girls
d. My little bride will hold a small silver bell
e. I want the altar to be simple with white Calla Lillies only
f. Photo-taking area with nice backdrop at the reception area
g. Couple trivia on the table

So far, these are the things I can share for now. Will keep on updating on a more regular basis. Only 93 days to go!


3 Comments:

  • At 7:44 PM, Blogger Marj and Carlos said…

    Super nice ang invites mo! I looked din for those clear classes that you need pero wala akong nakita. Lastly, chat tayo, need your help on info sa bangkok and going around thailand.

     
  • At 3:42 AM, Blogger velvetdsd said…

    hey janey! i love the colors of your invites. super nice!

     
  • At 2:44 AM, Blogger Jane Bio said…

    thanks girls! hay, pag na print post ko. my plan is to have the invites printed this month.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home