Bangkok Blogging... the saga continues

life in the City of Angels, career achievements, and journey with joey, my dear hubby

Monday, November 14, 2005

Our Invites and Other Updates!

Finally, after being quiet for a loooong time, I have time to update my wedding blog. Things got kinda crazy when I hit the 100th day. I went to full blast preparation, coordinating from Bangkok, buying beads, supervising the invites printing, etc. And voila! One day, my hardisk crashed!!! Yes, and just like Carrie in Sex in the City, I didn't back up. All the wedding files were there. My months and months of research all gone. I went to Compaq and they told me they had to change the hardisk entirely so I should have the file saved in an external hardrive. Sad to say they cannot save my files anymore. I think it was affected tremendously causing not only bad sectors but worst sectors :-). Anyway, I have lamented on it and I have no more tears to cry.

My life went on despite the hulabaloo with my laptop (which is less than a year old, brand new, sigh). Maybe i had too much wedding files hehehehe.

Last week I got the invites and they are fabulous! I chose 250 gram art card matte paper with spot UV lamination in some elements of the cover - our photo, names and the monogram. Then it has lamination inside.

I created the envelope which looks like flower petals when you open it and you can seal it by making the flaps overlap each other. Then we printed our monograms as a sticker to safely seal the envelope.

I did the calligraphy of all names on the cover. Then I added the final touch of tying in charms outside the envelop. I like the overall effect. My target is to have all these invites distributed by 30 November.

Now I can do the misalette.

Here are photos of the invite:




4 Comments:

  • At 12:19 PM, Blogger Mec said…

    really lovely invites sis... ang colorful and personal :)

     
  • At 12:28 PM, Blogger Jane Bio said…

    Thanks Mec! The things we do for love hehehe...

     
  • At 2:09 PM, Blogger LaraGirl said…

    ang ganda!!!! grabe!!!
    ikaw ang gumupit nung envelope??? OMG!!! ang galing mo friend! and who's doing the caligraphy of the names in the envelope? ikaw din ba?

     
  • At 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    cool invites!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home