Bangkok Blogging... the saga continues

life in the City of Angels, career achievements, and journey with joey, my dear hubby

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Boxes and Trinkets


I came from Chatuchak Market today (Divisoria counterpart) and I was able to find these three things I need for the wedding:



Our treasure box for the silver unity coins. I just have to add some ethnics beads on top to make it align to my motiff but the wood and brass lock is perfect for that fusion east and west theme.

Our ring box instead of pillows with ribbons (it's not really my personality). I experimented using my black satin cloth and putting the rings and I think its perfect. Of course we will not use black but our color motiff. Then I will glue some ethnic beads on top of the swing cover. I love it because the cover is attached to the case so I have less tension of my nephew losing these rings.

Various charms I will use as part of the string lock of my recycled paper envelop. I was also able to buy the colorful strings to go with it.

I was so tired walking with a fellow wowie, Alynn, but it was worth it. Atleast I am following my list of things to do and timeline.


More updates to come!

8 Comments:

  • At 5:31 AM, Blogger Jane Bio said…

    vannie dear, pag labas mo ng chatu facing the main road, to the left and bts station, katawa ka. niwei, i know for some people with no ring bearerm the best man will have the rings. so ganun na gawin mo. let me know kelan ka punta bkk! sarap mamili sa chatu. ang init lang!

     
  • At 5:55 PM, Blogger Marj and Carlos said…

    Love the treasure box and the wooden container. Very unique!

     
  • At 10:06 PM, Blogger Jane Bio said…

    girls (collective eh :p) i'm glad you like my finds. super cheap lang. the treasure box is 200 baht or 280 pesos then yung ring container/box is 100 Baht! O di ba. I can't wait this weekend. I'll start putting na the ethnic beads as accent. Hay, start na ng DIY phase ko!

     
  • At 10:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like your ring box idea. =) To tell you the truth I am not keen on the pillow idea either. So I might look out for unsual stuff like yours to replace the pillow tradition! Very creative =)

     
  • At 12:12 PM, Blogger Brian & Anna said…

    hello jane!
    took me awhile to find your spot here. anyways, you do have bright ideas. very creative. your wedding pala is so close na. and you're another overseas bride just like me. good luck to us with all the preps :)

    thanks for visiting our wedding blog. hope you dont mind if i go ahead and link you to ours.

     
  • At 12:54 PM, Blogger Brian & Anna said…

    jane just in case you go back to our website and you dont see your comments, pls dont think i deleted them in purpose. i just loaded haloscan on my comments section for some friends to comment easily and they got deleted automatically. sorry :(

    come by again and comment anytime. would love to hear from you again.

    thanks. (",)

     
  • At 2:07 PM, Blogger Jane Bio said…

    hi rhia! thanks for dropping by. there are a lot of other things we can do to personalize or weddings. ako, madami akong binago hehhe. its even my mom and sister who will bring me to the altar. alos, i dont want the lace garter on my legs hehhehe. i am thinking on how to incorpoate my ethnic oriental beads without hurting my legs. good luck sa preps!

     
  • At 2:08 PM, Blogger Jane Bio said…

    hi anna! i have a 2-year timeline for the wedding and sinunod ko talaga sya. I'm a very busy career woman and i don't want to cram on the last minute. hay, nag pe paid off naman. Happy preps!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home