Bangkok Blogging... the saga continues

life in the City of Angels, career achievements, and journey with joey, my dear hubby

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Lynne's Surprise Birthday Party


Lynne, Me and our Thai Colleagues Posted by Hello


Thank goodness Gig had the time to pull-off something really nice for Lynne's 2005 birthday. When I came back from Manila, she sent email to everyone on the plans for surprise birthday and asking for some suggestions. I suggested she considers buying Lynne an iPOD and instead of buying pizza for food, buy the easy-to-prepare Thai food like the mooping (barbecue), somtam (papaya salad), yam, and other stuff they like to eat. I just told her make sure there is something I can eat that is not too spicy!

Gig gave strict instructions that we go to Lynne's house at exactly 7 pm.

When Lynne arrived, Glai (Gig's beau) sang "Happy Birthday" in English in the dark. On the 2nd happy birthday song, P'Took Yay (our Finance Manager) came out bringing a cake and the lights were turned on. On the 3rd happy birthday song, we all came out to where we were hiding and popped the balloons we were holding as soon as we finished the song. Lynne was all in tears. She was really surprised!

As for the gift, Gig hit it right this time buying Lynne a nice cheong sam blouse from Shanghai Tang and a hair accessory that is really nice.

I still bought a separate gift for Lynne coming from me and Joey. I bought this really nice Case Logic black bag to replace her really old and overused black bag where she places all her documents. She was very happy when she saw it because she was really planning to replace that bag already.

We ended up going home past 12 mn. Lynne and I talked about various plans for the 3 companies, directions for people and for the 3rd company, PinQ's launch, next month.

I managed to talk to Jaja on her work situation and with Ben about some personal stuff.

It was really a terrific night and Lynne really had a blast on her birthday.

I will surely miss all of these and all of them once I officially move to San Diego with Joey.

It's still too early to think of that...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home