Bangkok Blogging... the saga continues

life in the City of Angels, career achievements, and journey with joey, my dear hubby

Thursday, June 02, 2005

My Very First Fitting with Veluz et al

It's very surreal. I did a 3-day marathon visit to manila (27-30 May) to accomplish so many things for the wedding PLUS to attend my good friends' wedding. Met with almost all my suppliers including Veluz!

I sent her my measurements via email on Thursday, flew to Manila Friday evening, got my 1st cacha fitting at 8 am on Saturday, then the duchess satin at 11 am on Sunday!

I was so happy with the outcome. It fits perfectly. Considering that we have not even added the "kaartehan" like my layered skirt that runs to the back plus the handpainting combined with ethnic beads.

Niko also got my shoe size and showed me the shoe design which I immediately love! I also approved the cube bag since I like unusually shaped bags.

So far, Veluz and I finalized the ento designs and she recommended someone who can do justice to her designs.

VS&F visit was a success and my coordinator, Nhap, and my sister went gaga over my ka-OC-han and attention to details. I even let Dolly, my AE redo the ribbons on the chair and made sure we talked about all requirements in details. This weekend, I will send her the agreements just in case she forgets. I added a lot of extras at no cost which is really good for me.

Also met with Jon of Threelogy and I'm satisfied seeing their work for the first time. I just want to them to show me references of the fonts they will use. I will write the AVP script but still open for suggestions.

We finally agreed that we will show first the flash animation my sister will do to set-up the theme and to show how our love affair came to be to make it more engaging for the guests (because it's animation). Then the AVP will be shown towards the end of the programme to segue with the first dance accompanied by the Sentimental Groove singing "Till" of Side A.

Madge Lejano managed to squeeze me in her schedule and she was very OC with my eyebrows! And she kept on complaining because I am acidic. Any color she puts on my eyelids turn to purple! Hay, so she has to combine lots of colors just to make it look natural. And alas, the no make-up look after 2 hours.

I failed to meet Sentimental Groove, Terry Uy and Judy Uson. I'm not really worried since we communicate frequently through email.

The Cenomar certificate also came so I had my mom to keep it for me.

Next, invitation! Since I will be art director and copywriter, I will start it this weekend. Not really worried since it will be printed here in Bangkok and I know a lot of printers.

I'm still stressed but on the scale of 1 to 10 with 10 as the highest, 7 na lang hehhehe.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home