Bangkok Blogging... the saga continues

life in the City of Angels, career achievements, and journey with joey, my dear hubby

Sunday, June 13, 2004

The Wedding Proposal

Finally I was able to do the first few slides of our wedding proposal. This is very important for me and Joey since this will set the direction on our wedding plans. Just like any other big event, it should start with a proposal. A proposal is good when people get the full idea and the total picture in one passing. And I guess our wedding proposal should be that way! Strategic, creative and paints the picture.

I have a simple outline for this.

The title page
I was able to craft a very witty title which applies to me and Joey very well. It goes...

Jane & Joey: Our New Chapter, 20 Years After
2005 Wedding Plans

I am sure everyone will ask "Why 20 years?" So, the next slide will be a glimpse on how it all started 20 years ago and how it will be sealed with a beautiful wedding after 20 years to begin or continue our new chapter as a couple.

Oh, how I love it!

1st Part
Here, since we will be presenting to our families, I devoted a few slides to let them know Joey and me (for the family of Joey.)

Title goes: Let's Meet Joey
Who is he?

Then next slide shows a brief biography of Joey with pictures.
Then after this slide are his pictures when we were still in elementary and highschool.
Then Joey at present.

A few slides will de devoted for me, too (for the sake of Joey's family)in the same flow as Joey's.

2nd Part: ThemeThis part will be strongly supported by picture references

3rd Part: The Plans
Here I will put the wedding date, venues, entourage list, principal sponsor list, references for the gown, etc. This will be the longest part as the wedding details will be discussed here.

4th Part: The Suppliers
List of all suppliers we will use plus sample of their works.

5th Part: Your Part in Our Wedding
Here I will put the responsibilities we need to assign to our families and relatives. We want them to be part of the preparations, too. And this will be the portion where they can make suggestions on how else to make the celebration meaningful and joyful.

I was able to finish only up to Joey's part. I have to put a lot of effects per page. That is why it took such a long time. But I was very satisfied with the results.

I can't wait to finish this proposal. Joey will be here on Thursday and it has to be ready by that time.

Then, we will show this powerpoint presentation to my family and his family as represented by Noel, his brother, in the afternoon of June 27. It will be a big family gathering from my side since everyone is just so excited to meet Joey. There will be lots of food (yum!) and it will go on until dinner time. Yipee I'm so excited!


On a separate note, we were able to chat with some highschool batchmates today -- Jun, Trupel, Kai then me and Joey. We had fun laughing our hearts out with Trupel who is a declared gay. He revealed that he had a crush with Joey when we were still in school and he was really funny. Joey rode with the flow of conversation and he was very game, too, and it made the chat livelier. Hope to chat with them again.

Joey and I are both excited on the upcoming wedding. It's a year and half of preparation left and soon, panic time will come. But, first things first. This coming June 21, 22 and 23, we look forward to spending quality time at the heavenly Pran Havana at Pranburi. I need the break after so many months of hard work and being away from Joey. And I want Joey to relax, too. I can't wait to get on that place and spend the rest of the 3 days just with my Joey. I'm sure, we will do nothing but stare in the beach and be lazy all day long. For once, we will not think of work...








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home