Bangkok Blogging... the saga continues

life in the City of Angels, career achievements, and journey with joey, my dear hubby

Monday, June 07, 2004

My First Bridal Gown Trial


1st Bridal Gown Trial @ Queen Sirikit Wedding Fair Posted by Hello


It is not yet my dream gown but it was significant because it was my first time to try on a BRIDAL GOWN! We'll, it's not everyday that I get the chance to prepare a wedding, right? Pia and I went to see the Bridal Fair at Queen Sirikit last May 30. Being stuck here in Bangkok with no real source of good wedding ideas, we tried out that one hoping we will get some samples, ideas, just like the way they do it Manila.

It was a disappointment because most of the suppliers are for photography and bridal gowns which are mostly for rent. Thais do not have the concept of buying bridal gowns. So, Pia and I tried on a few gowns just for the heck of it and of course to see if we will look great on them. I tried on this particular one because I like the mandarin collar. With my fusion theme, this is the collar i want exactly but sexier with a haltered cut to reveal my nice shoulders and make it really low at the back. The cloth materials are fabulous and they do the embroideries really well. The best part is that it is very affordable. So, the bride-to-be's got possessed and started collecting their business cards so we can call them in the future.

One thing I discovered that I really like is the Wedding Book. This photographer from Sa-Guan Foto studio has the style I like. She take candid, dynamic shots of the entire event and compose a carefully and beautifully art directed page by page wedding book! It is much much better than a photo album. She gave us a packaged cost of 35,000 Baht. It costs 500 Baht per page if I will just provide her the pictures in CD format. I really want to have something like that. I have to check if it fits our budget, though (as I do not want us to overspend).

Hopefully, when Joey and I go to Manila this June, we can be able to attend a bridal fair. I think Manila is still the best when it comes to dream weddings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home