Bangkok Blogging... the saga continues

life in the City of Angels, career achievements, and journey with joey, my dear hubby

Saturday, June 05, 2004

The wedding coordinator is finally planning her own

I am not really an official wedding coordinator, but I consider myself one since I have planned and coordinated so many weddings in my life. Being a creative, OC and super organized person that I am, all the nitty gritty that go with it is never a task but a fun and easy activity that adds color to my everyday living. Nothing can pump more blood easily to my system than a squirt of creative juices coming from racking my brains on ways to make an event a memorable one.

But then suddenly, the time finally came when heaven dropped me this chance to become the bride-to-be. The very thought of it sends a glow to my wholebeing and lifts me up some steps higher above the ground.

Joey proposed to me January 1, 2004 at the romantic Vertigo Restaurant located on the rooftop of Banyan Tree Hotel in Bangkok. It was a perfect evening for us starting the year together. I will post a separate side-story on how we were before and met again after 18 years.

Finally, I am getting married! Well, I am 34 years old. I think it should be high time. Thus, the OC spirit in me was stirred more vehemently beyond my expectations. All the excitement seemed to have numbed my "creative" braincells. Suddenly, I cannot think of anything creative for my wedding!

And so it is true with what they say that it is different when you are already planning your own. This is the very reason why I want to start the preparation for more than a year before D-Day. I want to make sure I can find the perfect theme, do the perfect plan, and most of all is to do it in a relaxing manner. Plus, the above-my-head-workload will definitely affect my time. So, planning early is the best option I can take.

After months of being lost without a theme, heaven took pity on me that lo and behold! I got the main ideas and strategies figured out already. I finally decided to have FuSiOn as our theme with various shades of green as the motiff. My Joey agreed already and I am looking forward to his inputs on these ideas.

Why Fusion? Joey and I are very different from each other. Imagine mixing the joker and the serious type, the artist and the IT, the talkative and the quiet person! And yet in some strange way, Joey and I are compatible in areas that touch the deeper part of us. Love does move in mysterious ways. It is like the meeting of the east and west. The mixing of the black and the white. We are the yin and the yang. I am beauty and he is the beast he he he.

How far have I gone with my preparations?

I gathered as much information I need to prepare my ultimate Wedding Day proposal. Yes, I am doing a proposal for our wedding to present to Joey just like any other big event (but this time Joey is my client he he he). It will be compelete with theme, picture references, details, the works! And, we will use it for the pamanhikan so it is easier to present everyone our plan. Oh my, I'm super excited!

Joey and I are following a timeline, though we are not too strict about it (hmm...I guess I should impose strict following of the timeline for the months to come). We have started our savings together. And we have our guest list already (though I still need to check it). Plus, we have the date finalized and where to go for our honeymoon (Joey did this ahead of everything).

The wedding is still a long way to go -- December 27, 2005, and yet we are preparing early. In fact, it's mid-2004 now and yet I have not really sat down to type the proposal, the guest list and the budgets. Plus, joey is due to visit me on the 17th of this month! Yaiiks, I must be out of mind. Well, got to go to finalize the guest list!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home